Banana bread – dairy-free
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 3/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 125g fresh blueberries
- Non-dairy spread, to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6 x 9 x 22 cm (base) loaf pan. Line pan with baking paper, allowing a 2 cm overhang at both long ends.
- Sift flours and mixed spice into a bowl. Stir in sugar.
- Combine banana, eggs, oil and milk in a large jug. Gradually stir egg mixture into flour mixture until combined.
- Gently stir in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Smooth surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside in pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve fresh or toasted with non-dairy spread.