Chicken risotto – wheat, gluten, nut and dairy-free
- 200 g risotto rice (Arborio)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x onion, chopped
- 1 x red capsicum, chopped
- 8–10 medium mushrooms sliced
- 750 ml wheat-free/ gluten-free vegetable stock
- 2-3 skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 x tbsp olive oil
- 2 x tsp dried oregano
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the risotto rice. Gently heat the rice for 2–3 minutes, until the rice looks translucent.
- Add the onion, peppers and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes, being careful not to brown the rice.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer the rice for 25 minutes, adding boiling water if necessary to ensure it does not dry out.
- Put the chicken pieces in a frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil and cook until lightly browned.
- At the end of the risotto cooking time add the chicken, oregano and seasoning and mix well.
- Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan.